Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Just Gotta Find A Way Through It!

"So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you an me, everyday."- The Notebook

I seen that on facebook earlier and it inspired me. I never realized how hard it would be to be away from Ty. He has driven me out of my mind since we were 16. He does the most insane things on purpose to get to me. But he's my everything and I adore him.

When he left and I first started receiving those precious phone calls I hung onto every second and every breathes he took. Now it seems that we have nothing to talk about...lol. I still would rather be on the phone with him saying nothing then not talking, but it's getting easier. I didn't think I would ever be able to say that but it is.

Now don't get me wrong- I know I still have a lot of hard nights ahead of me but I have a little perspective now. I know this is just a short time in our life we must spend away from each other and that we still have so much more time together. I get to enjoy another side of my husband. He loves me and he enjoys talking to me. He enjoys talking to the kids. The everyday hassles of life don't bother him as much- he just rejoices in being able to hear our voices each day. That's so nice. That's a side of my husband that I rarely get to see.

I have so many things to look forward to this year. And yes I am terrified to do it alone but I know I can. I raised myself to be a strong person and I can get through just about everything.

But still- we have to work through all the emotions. Just when you think that you get through it all another bad day happens and depression rears its ugly head. You just have to know that you'll get through it. You have to believe in your relationship and the love you have for each other. If you know that then you will get through it. But still it takes work.

It takes whatever is good and healthy for your particular situation...maybe it's risky web cam sessions, talking in the middle of the night, doing lots of retail therapy or a care box every week.

You do whatever it takes to get through this hard time. You're allowed to miss him, break down and feed the kids cereal for dinner. Don't let anyone take that away from you or make you feel ashamed about the particular way you are dealing with the situation.

Whats the old saying?

"Those who matter don't care and those who care don't matter!"

1 comment:

  1. You quoted my fave love story of all time, The Notebook has so much meaning to me since so many years went by before Derek and I refound each other and our live. Those words are so true, including Ty doing things on purpose to bug you, Derek is famous for them. And as I always say keep the blogs coming I love them and your honesty of what you feel and write. Damn everyone else that judges you, what you and Ty have is special and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete